The Best Exercise for a Bangin’ Booty (video)
May 14th, 2012 | posted by Kimberly
In order to have a nice looking rear view, you have to work all 5 of these muscles…
1. Gluteus Maximus (aka glutes)- these are the largest of the 3 muscles in your buttocks and acts as a cushion while sitting down. Unfortunately, for many of us, our jobs have us sitting more than in motion. We end up losing a lot of the “roundness” because our glutes are being flattened out.
2. Gluteus Medius and Minimus – these 2 muscles overlap each other and are right under the gluteus maximus. Attached to your hips, they stabilize your upper body and help in balance. They also “balance” out the appearance of your butt. If these smaller muscles are weak–your derriere will look flabby.
3. Hamstrings (aka hams) – are made up of 3 main muscles that run down the back of your thighs. Hamstrings primarily stabilize your upper body and assist with flexing and extending the legs. This is an area of the legs many women find difficult to tone. It can be prone to holding horrible looking cellulite.
4. Quadriceps (aka quads) – these 4 major muscles in front of your thighs help with balance, and flexing during running and walking. One thing about the quads–when they are well toned, it creates the division between your thigh and knees. You can get rid of unwanted flab on top of your knees by gaining lean muscle mass in your quads.
5. Adductors (aka inner thigh) – if your shorts and pants don’t fit, chances are its because there is too much fat between your legs. The adductor muscles are attached to your thigh allowing you to open and close your legs. Using the adductor machines in the gym with heavy weight all the time can cause you to increase the size of these muscles–definitely making your pants feel even tighter!
How do you work all 5 of these muscles…at the same time?
Check out today’s video of my #1 exercise that targets all the muscles for the booty of your dreams…
Posted in Workouts by |